VitaminD3Word now offers a diagnostic kit from ZRT labs so that you can test your Vitamin D levels in the convenience of your own home, anywhere in the world. This test measures calcidiol 25 (OH) D levels, which is the storage form of Vitamin D. 25(OH) levels, truly reflect your Vitamin D status. Many tests measure total Vitamin D status which is not helpful.
What you will receive:
The kit contains a complete set of instructions
What you have to do:
1) Wipe finger tip to be used with alcohol pad and allow to dry
2) Remove clear cap from lancet and position the red end against the fingertip (nick the finger slightly off center as shown in the video below)
3) Press the lancet firmly until it clicks
4) Quickly wipe away the first blood of drop with the sterile gauze pad
5) Position lanced finger over the blood spot card and gently milk blood from the finger
6) As a blood drop forms, and is ready to fall, touch the blood drop to the center of the circle
7) Collect only one drop per circle. Usable drops must be about 1cm wide and saturate through the filter paper (see video below) Four drops of blood must be collected- if you have trouble collecting enough blood, choose another finger and continue using the second lancet. Please note the blotter provided can collect up to 12 spots of blood, only four are needed for the Vitamin D test. This test kit is used for other tests that require 12 drops of blood. For Vitamin D tests you only need to produce 4 drops.
8) Let spots air dry for at least 30 minutes. Once dry, close the flap over the blood spots
9) Print name and collection date on the blood spot card
10) Place blood spot card and completed requisition form in the bag provided, and return by first class mail to the address on the return envelope: ZRT Laboratory, 8605 SW Creekside Place, Beaverton, OR 97008 USA
11) Your results will be e mailed to you as soon as they are ready and you will also receive a hard copy in the mail. Your result should be available in 7-10 working days after your mail your sample.
If you wish to purchase the Vitamin D home test click "Add to Cart Below" Cost:£43.50 +£4 P&P =£47.50 Final Price: No additional charges during check out!
The products and the claims made about specific products on this site have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.